Thursday, July 30, 2015

Beauty for Ashes


Beauty for ashes, a garment of praise for my heaviness 

Beauty for ashes, take this heart of stone and make it Yours, Yours



I delight myself in the Richest of Fair, trading all that I've had for all that is better
A garment of praise for my heaviness, You are the greatest taste
You're the richest of fair

(Psalm 63, Isaiah 61)

Its probably a season that I felt God is always reminding me of how David took delight in soaking in God's presence, seeking and earnestly longing for Him in a dry and parched land where there's no water. He held closely to God and He knows that God's love is better than life. -Ps 63, my favorite Psalms in all season. 

The beauty of it is that God is challenging me to trade my whole being to Him- my life, my emotions, my heart, my mind- EVERYTHING. Sometimes its funny how I want to grasp hold of life so closely to me yet knowing that God can do a better job. His assurance came even stronger telling me "Aveline, trade it with Me" each time my emotions take control of me. I fear of failing, I fear of losing, I fear of ... 
I am thankful for the call last night, because I realized I need to commit everything to Him, daring to trade my beauty for ashes, to taste God's goodness in our lives, to delight in the Richest of fair, to exchange my heaviness with Your yoke. 
--
Loves, Ave 

No comments: